Share SBS w/Family or Friends

Friday, December 4, 2015

Daniel Jacobs vs Peter Quillin Fight This Saturday December 5th, at The Barclays in Brooklyn. NYC


He’s going to have to hit me to test my chin.” – Jacobs
“My prediction for Saturday? A new champion of the world.” - Quillin

In a highly anticipated showdown between two of Brooklyn’s most exciting and talented fighters, WBA Middleweight World Champion Daniel “The Miracle Man” Jacobs (30-1, 27 KOs) will take on former world champion Peter “Kid Chocolate” Quillin (32-0-1, 23 KOs).
In the co-feature, WBA Featherweight World Champion Jesus Cuellar (27-1, 21 KOs) will face exciting Puerto Rican contender Jonathan “Polvo” Oquendo(26-4, 16 KOs).  The rest of the stacked undercard features a diverse group of fighters from across the boroughs and regions of New York including Long Island’s Chris Algieri and Joe Smith Jr, Brooklyn’s Yuri Foreman and Heather Hardy, Staten Island’s Marcus Browne, and Queens’ Will Rosinsky.
DANIEL JACOBS
“Not only are we fighting for the bragging rights in Brooklyn, but we both want to be at the top of the middleweight division. All the top middleweights are fighting each other and we’re right in that realm.
“I believe my speed is my greatest advantage. My skill, my ring generalship … I could go on and on. Ultimately it’s about going in there and proving it.
“I think taking a loss before benefits me. I know exactly how to prepare and how to prepare to make sure I never have that feeling again.
“He’s gonna have to hit me to test my chin. This sport is about hitting and not getting hit. Anybody can be knocked down, but you have to land shots. Every time I’ve gotten knocked down, I’ve gotten up.
“My prediction is that I’m going to have my hand raised in victory. Whether it’s by knockout or decision, we’ll have to see.
“This camp has been different because I’ve had a pre-camp. We had three weeks of just strength and conditioning. I got in shape to get ready for camp. When it’s all done, it’s going to be a 10-week camp.
“Mentally I feel like I’m strong and I like where I’m at physically. My weight is good and I feel healthy. We’re going to give the best of everything.
A lot of people are excited about the fights. I'm just excited it is finally here and I'm hoping to come out with a victory in impressive fashion.
“This is a boxer vs. a boxer-puncher. If I get a guy hurt. I can get a guy out of there as well. My punching power is there. I have more knockouts than Quillin and I’m going to be at my best on Saturday. 
“I’m thankful for all my fans. I want everyone to know that I’m coming to represent Brooklyn and this show will not disappoint on Saturday night.”
PETER QUILLIN
“Distractions are in your head, but they can be a bit more here in New York. It's nice to get away to Miami and be able to concentrate on training and have everything right there.

“The buzz around Brooklyn is I am the new champ. I came to New York with a small city mindset but big city dreams and now they are all coming true.
On chatting with Floyd Mayweather Tuesday night at Barclays Center:  “It’s funny because I was speaking to a school today, but when I first met Floyd Mayweather, it was at my school and I was like ‘man I could be like that too one day’ and I told him about it. He didn’t understand why I said that, ‘it all started because of you’ and he said ‘what do you mean’ and I told him what happened. We laughed about it and that’s all I needed right there. I didn’t need him to do anything for me just to know that it all started back with him coming to my school and speaking to kids like me and look where I am now. I was only 14-years-old.

“You can expect fireworks in the month of December. We're going to be throwing everything we can possibly throw.
“Being in Miami with all the Cuban history there was great. Boxing was like a fighter lifestyle. I was around many people who were inspirational beyond words.
“When I went to the (Erislandy) Lara fight we were looking for parking and I went up to a guy and I asked if we could park there. He goes ‘tu eres chocolate?’ (you are chocolate) and I said yes, and he said ‘do you know how much Cuban people love you?’ I had never realized that before and it made me more inspired, to speak more Spanish, to understand my people. Cuban people are my people, I never would deny that and I am very blessed. I am also a black American as well so I want to set a good example, especially where the time in the world is in right now for black people. I want to be an inspiration for both.
“We’ve got a plan A, plan B, plan C, plan D, plan E, plan F. We are going to go to beyond, but most importantly I am very happy. I am spiritually happy and thankful. You fall out of fear and fall into faith and you can never deny yourself, so that’s where I am right now.
“By being Cuban automatically you fight from a different point of perspective of the globe when it comes to fighting. For me, I’m thankful and more inspired to work even harder because I do have fans that I would never expect would be my fans.
“I haven’t seen ‘Creed’ yet; I am only focused on this fight. I want to create my own ‘Creed’ moments in this fight.
“Altogether I think it’s probably about an equally matched fight. You have two determined guys fighting for their own personal reasons; he’s fighting with a cancer story, I’m also fighting with that. My uncle passed away of cancer so I fight with a piece of him as well.
“I’m just Peter Quillin. All I know is just go in that ring, train against whoever it is, no matter who it is and do my best.
“My mom always said, ‘sometimes it takes getting put on your ass to know where you’re at’ so it could be helpful to him that he’s tasted defeat. He’s been there before, you fight with the reason that you don’t ever want to be there again or he could’ve even gotten better after that sitting on his butt, now he wants to fight harder.
“My prediction for Saturday? A new champion of the world.
♔EL Boxing Empress & MMA Princess♔, See you at the Fights! and Thank You for your time. EL Boxing Empress Online @ Twitter http://www.twitter.com/Keishamorrisey ©®™ 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, All photos other than those specified by "EL Boxing Empress & MMA Princess" Keisha Morrisey, for ♔Impress Photo-Studios♔ and KCKMT for Bloodline Boxing Communications Entertainment & Sports and ★Starlite★ Boxing's Sweetscience Blog-Online Publication all rights reserved.

No comments: