Share SBS w/Family or Friends

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Andre Ward Post Victory Quotes, Chilemba and Gvozdyk, Darmani Rock vs. Brice Ritani-Coe and Claressa Shields vs. Franchon Crews










ANDRE WARD (31-0, 15 KOs)
 13,310
“What a beautiful thing! We did it baby! It's a lot of hardware. Surreal! This is what I set out to do. Now I'm a 5X World Champion in 2 weight classes. Man, it's amazing! 

“I thought I won and it sounded like fair scoring.

“Your last fight is always the most important. But I needed this. 

“It was about those in the trenches moments. Sergey has no inside game. So my mid-range and inside game is what I focused on. 

“After that second round knockdown, I think he (Kovalev) realized I wasn't going anywhere and I was stepping on the gas. 

“The new light heavyweight champion. That sounds good! This was my most important and satisfying win. 

“Technically, there is always stuff I can pick apart. I'm not happy about that second round knockdown but I didn't panic. I was at peace. Now, it was time to fight. It was a flash knockdown. I wasn't hurt by it. As a matter of fact, I wasn't hurt by anything he threw.” 

VIRGIL HUNTER, Trainer of Andre Ward:

“This is a good feeling. We were careless with that knockdown but we landed the cleaner punches. Kovalev was aggressive but not effective and that's why we got this win. I'm happy for Andre.” 

JAMES PRINCE, Manager of Andre Ward:

“It went just like I said. We crowned David at the end of the night. And Andre would hold those belts up just like Goliath's head.” 

MICHAEL YORMARK, Roc Nation President & Chief of Branding and Strategy: 

“Great night! Great performance by Andre! Terrific fight by two great champions. It's a great moment for Andre and his entire family. Roc Nation is very proud of what he accomplished tonight. On to the next one...”
Isaac Chilemba
I am devastated. If I hadn’t hurt my right arm in the third round it would have been a completely different outcome. I was in an incredible amount of pain from the third round through the rest of the fight.

Oleksandr Gvozdyk
I’m very excited and happy. What more can I say? This is the best feeling!

Darmani Rock by unanimous decision in 4 rounds

Darmani Rock
New Record: 6-0 (4 KOs)
"That felt good. He has a tough head but my reach, speed and power surpassed him. Feels good to keep my undefeated record intact. Now it's time to get back in the gym and wait for Roc Nation Sports to tell me what's next."

Brice Ritani-Coe
New Record: 4-5-1 (3 KOs)
“God is good all the time.”

 Claressa Shields
New Record: 1-0
"It feels so good to have just made my pro debut. This is what I've been training for. I'm faster and I hit harder. And I'm the better fighter. But Crews brought 100% and I respect her for that. I hope to fight next in January or February." 

Franchon Crews
New Record: 0-1
“It’s not what I wanted but to be called on, last minute, for a fight of this magnitude… I am proud of myself. We will fight again in the future.”

 Tyler McCreary
New Record: 12-0 (6 KOs)
"It was a tough fight. Jennings is crafty for his size. He's powerful too. But I know I took him every round. I had height and speed all to my advantage. I'm pleased with my performance. I dug deep. It was a great learning experience. Next time, I will be more prepared."

Vincent Jennings
New Record: 5-3-1 (4 KOs)
“Glory be to God. I want to thank him for this opportunity.”

 DRAW

Maurice Hooker
New Record: 21-0-3 (16 KOs)
“It’s not my day. That’s not how I wanted to see this fight end.”

Darleys Perez
New Record: 33-2-2 (21 KOs)
“I won the fight. He’s a young lion but I know in my heart that I won the fight. I was robbed, I want a rematch.”

♔EL Boxing Empress & MMA Princess♔, See you at the Fights! and Thank You for your time. EL Boxing Empress Online @ Twitter http://www.twitter.com/Keishamorrisey ©®™ 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, All photos other than those specified by "EL Boxing Empress & MMA Princess" Keisha Morrisey, for ♔Impress Photo-Studios♔ and KCKMT for Bloodline Boxing Communications Entertainment & Sports and ★Starlite★ Boxing's Sweetscience Blog-Online Publication all rights reserved.

No comments: