Share SBS w/Family or Friends

Monday, January 21, 2008

JERMAIN TAYLOR OPEN MEDIA WORKOUT

LAS VEGAS, On Wednesday, January 16th, Jermain Taylor conducted an open media workout at Johnny Tocco's Boxing Gym (Las Vegas).


The Kelly Pavlik vs. Jermain Taylor rematch (The Epic Battle Continues) will be promoted by DiBella Entertainment and Top Rank Inc.
The 12-round rumble will be produced and distributed live by HBO Pay-Per-View on Saturday, February 16th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas beginning at 9p.m. (EST) / 6p.m. (PST). The bout will take place at a catch weight of 166 lbs. as Taylor exercises the rematch clause in his contract from the original Pavlik fight.

Tickets are priced at $600, $400, $300, $200 and $100 are on sale at MGM Grand Arena Box Office. Tickets will also be sold at all Las Vegas Ticketmasters locations (select Smith's Food and Drug Centers, Macy's West at the Fashion Show Mall, and Ritmo Latino.) Ticket sales are limited to eight (8) per person. To charge by phone with a major credit card, call Ticketmaster at
702-474-4000 or MGM Grand 800-929-1111. Tickets are also available for purchase at http://www.mgmgrand.com/ or http://www.ticketmaster.com/

Contact Your Local Cable or Satellite Provider To Order This Pay-Per-View Telecast

For more information on DiBella Entertainment http://www.dbe1.com/, MGM GRAND http://www.mgmgrand.com/, HBO www.hbo.com/boxing Top Rank http://www.toprank.com/


JERMAIN TAYLOR "QUOTES" MEDIA WORKOUT



Jermain Taylor:
You're OK not fighting for a belt this time?
"When I win, I'll be walking out of there with everything he took from me. I'm walking out of there with my pride."

Is it working out better without Emanuel?
"It feels great. It's just like the old days. When we started out it was just me and Ozell. I'm working hard every day. I'm doing a lot more sparring. Emanuel Steward is a great guy, a Hall of Fame trainer and a friend of mine. I love him to death. But he isn't coaching me now."


Why is the unconventional training necessary, using the sledgehammer, tire and tennis balls?
"The tennis balls are for slipping punches, so I don't get hit with the punches I got hit with in the fight. As far as the tire, it gives you muscle and endurance. I had him hurt in the second round and I didn't finish him. If I had the endurance, I wouldn't have gotten tired. I would have finished him."

What kind of changes are you making in this training camp?
"A lot harder training. Ozell's putting me through all kinds of stuff. Me and him together, there's nothing that's going to stop us. I've been doing a lot more running. I've been running five miles a day except Sunday. I'm running every day, serious running and I'm training hard with commitment and I'm going to be ready."

Ozell Nelson / Head Trainer:
What is it going to take for Jermain to win his upcoming rematch fight with Kelly Pavlik?
"Hard work, dedication, commitment and total focus. Jermain has to get back to the basics, the way he used to do in the gym. So far I'm very please with the way Jermain has approached training camp."

Regarding Emanuel Steward's departure.....
"It was more of a communication gap with Manny. The chemistry was great in training camp, but when it came fight time, it just did not carry over in the ring. We learned a lot from Manny and I will use some of the same techniques he was working with Jermain on."

Was there anything that sticks out that Emanuel was working on with Jermain that you will apply?
"One thing that sticks out in my mind was the way Manny was trying to get Jermain to move side to side. Rolling with the right hand. Things like that. That's very important and we'll stay with that."

Why go for the rematch right away?
"Talking with Jermain after the fight, and then knowing what I saw when Jermain got tired, I knew what was wrong. It was endurance. I knew what it was, and I knew we could fix it, so that's why."

Lou DiBella:
President of DiBella Entertainment:
"Jermain looks more determined than I have ever seen him. Physically, he is in the best shape of his career and is going through one of his most grueling training camps. There is no doubt on Febuary 16th Jermain will be ready for anything that Kelly brings to the ring."


"Taylor-Pavlik I on September 29th was a historic battle that ended in Round 7. I along with boxing fans around the world can't wait for Round 8 to start on February 16th."

No comments: