Share SBS w/Family or Friends

Friday, February 29, 2008

A Message from Tyler Perry‏


Thank you all for making WHY DID I GET MARRIED? the number one DVD this week as well as buying WHAT'S DONE IN THE DARK.

It's so good to know that I can count on you. (smile) Thank you, again! I want to say a quick congratulations to Lavan Davis, Lance Gross, HOUSE OF PAYNE and Janet Jackson. They all won Image Awards. I am so happy for them, especially Lavan. I'm telling you, nobody would give this man a shot. Now look! I'm just blown away. Another reason that I'm writing is this.
When we won the Image Award for HOUSE OF PAYNE, I said something that I didn't know I had said until I watched the show played back that night. I said that if 1000 people tell you no and you get one yes from God then that's all you need to make it. That thing woke up something in me. I realized at that moment that I had had a lot of NO's in my life. I had a lot of people say, "You can't!" and "You never will!" I had a lot of doubters and hardly anybody ever said that I could. And through the hardest times in my life I had to learn how to encourage myself.
And I want to tell you that if nobody else will encourage you then encourage yourself. If you have a dream, keep working towards it. It's great to have people give you awards and appreciate what you do, but back in the day, it wasn't that way at all. I remember when I was broke and working a dead end job clearing about 300 dollars a week. This wasn't long ago at all, as a matter of fact. What I would do though was on my lunch break I would spend the time writing down play ideas, writing down movie ideas, planning a tour for my play, looking at maps of the country, calling theaters. I knew that I had ideas that would move people--that would help them in one way or another, so I just kept going. I didn't have a dime to my name. I didn't know how I was going to get there, but I knew that I would in some way. And then God made a way. And look, when I would really get down I used to go out to the nicest neighborhoods and go to open houses and just look at them and believe. I would put on my nicest closes and go out and test drive the finest cars. Now I know that these are material things but this is about an exercise in faith. In order to get to your dreams you have to see yourself there. You have to see yourself doing better. Use your mind to see yourself doing better. The Bible says, "As a man thinketh, so is he." Stir up the gift in you. People are waiting for your dream to come to pass. Don't give up. I often think about all the times I wanted to give up. I thought about how hard it was and how much I was going through. I look at my life now and I say to myself, "Boy I'm glad you kept going!" What if I would have stopped, can you imagine? No plays, no movies, no Madea, not even this email. Again, God has given us all gifts and if you give up on your dreams then the world will never know. We're waiting for you! God bless...Live well, Tyler Perry To respond to this message, please go to> http://www.tylerperry.com/messageboard
boxing entertainment fight sports mixed martial arts special events sports worldwide

No comments: