Share SBS w/Family or Friends

Friday, March 7, 2008

Cage Rage 25, March 8: Shamrock-Berry and Haye-Maccarinelli, live on SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING (9 p.m. ET/PT, delayed on the west coast) in London


The legendary Ken Shamrock and Robert "Buzz" Berry will fight in the main event of "EliteXC Presents Cage Rage 25" tomorrow/Saturday, March 8, on SHOWTIME, in London.
The four-bout mixed martial arts event will be televised immediately following the world cruiserweight title unification fight between champions David Haye (WBC/WBA) and Enzo Maccarinelli (WBC/WBA) live on SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING (9 p.m. ET/PT, delayed on the west coast) in London.

CAPTION: Friday, in London, the legendary Shamrock weighed 216 pounds. Berry weighed 240 pounds (quotes below).

Weights for other SHOWTIME televised fights:

Jean Silva (144 pounds) vs. Masakazu Imanari (144 pounds)

Pierre Guillet (184 pounds) vs. Tom Watson (185 pounds)

Rob Broughton (282 pounds) vs. Neil Grove (273 pounds)

KEN SHAMROCK QUOTES:

"Competition. The minute you stop, your whole life changes and it's the thrill of competition that has kept me going. When you're done as an athlete, you have to know it, and I don't know it yet.

"There were a couple of times when I had injuries -- one to my knee, one to my shoulder -- when I thought I would be forced to quit. But rehab got me stronger and stronger every time. I have never imagined myself retiring.

"It's an honor to be considered a pioneer in this sport. And it is inspiring to see these young guys coming up to carry the torch.''

"I have a lot of respect for Ken Shamrock, but when it is fight time and the first bell rings, it's time to explode. I have to stay within myself; my strength is that I am an all around fighter and my power is my (main) strength."

boxing entertainment fight sports mixed martial arts special events sports worldwide

No comments: