Share SBS w/Family or Friends

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Undefeated junior middleweight James Moore ready to rumble on June 4 on ESPN 2’s Wednesday Night Fights



Undefeated junior middleweight James Moore, a native of County Wicklow, Ireland, who fights out of Queens, New York, weighed in at a slim and ready 154 pounds for his eight round bout against hard-punching Gabriel Rosado, 152 ½, of Philadelphia. The two will open the show on the June 4 installment of ESPN 2’s Wednesday Night Fights from the Aviator Sports Complex in Brooklyn, NY. Moore is 15-0 (10 KOS), while Rosado boasts a record of 9-2 (6 KOS).

In the main event Yusaf Mack, 24-2-2 (15 KOS), of Philadelphia takes on Daniel Judah, 22-2-3 (10 KOS), of Brooklyn. At stake will be the vacant NABA light heavyweight title. The show is being promoted by Winky Wright Promotions, in association with Thomas Gallagher Productions. Wright was in attendance for the weigh-in and will also be at the show.

Mack and Judah weighed in first. Both came in on weight, but Judah and his chief cheerleader, a character named Crocodile who used to tell anyone within earshot how tough Mike Tyson was in Tyson’s waning days, began cursing loudly at Mack. There was a lot of profanity and name calling that began with the word mother. At one point Mack challenged Judah to a winner take all bout.

Moore and Rosado patiently waited to get on the scales, then politely shook hands and wished each other well. “You want hear any of that from me,” said Moore. Rosado couldn’t have agreed more.

What they did disagree on was the outcome of their own fight. Both realize how important a victory on ESPN 2 is to their careers, and both looked locked, loaded and ready to go.

“It’s his hometown, so I know everyone will be cheering for him and booing me,” said the 22-year-old Rosado. “But once I get in the ring, I get in my zone and nothing bothers me. I think the booing will just fuel me up.

“Moore has a basic style,” he continued. “It’s one, two, hook to the body. I’ll just use my faster feet and hands and take away whatever he has. This is an eight-rounder on ESPN. If I win, a lot of doors will open.”

“I really don’t know much about him, other than he is very strong, tough and aggressive,” said Moore. “This fight is as important to him as it is to me, so I expect him to be at his best. He will come out blazing, so I’ll have to be at my best. I’m in good shape, so I’m ready for anything.”

“We’re not taking this guy for granted but those two losses means he knows how to lose already,” said Harry Keitt, Moore’s trainer. “We’re going to introduce him to one more loss on Wednesday night.”

The Aviator Sports Complex is located on Flatbush Avenue, just south of the Belt Parkway, Exit 11S, Brooklyn, NY 11234. Doors will open at 7:00 P.M. and the first bout will be at 8:00 P.M.

For tickets call Gleason’s Gym at 718-797-2872. For tickets and sponsorship opportunities contact Tommy Gallagher at 917-774-3517.

Starlite Boxing's Sweetscience The Video Channel Online http://www.youtube.com/ELEmpress1

EL Boxing Empress Keisha Morrisey's Myspace http://www.myspace.com/Keishadivine

Honorable Keisha Morrisey http://www.keishamorrisey.com/

©®™ 2007, 2008 All photos by "EL Boxing Empress" Keisha Morrisey- Empire Morrisey Studios, for Bloodline Boxing Communications Entertainment and Starlite Boxing's Sweetscience Magnews-Online Publication all rights reserved

No comments: