Share SBS w/Family or Friends

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

O’Connor fighting Nov. 11 in Florida

FRAMINGHAM, Mass.– 2008 U.S. Olympic first alternate Danny O’Connor, coming off of an impressive pro debut September 17 in Manchester (NH), in which, he stopped Jose Guerrido at 1:55 of the second round, returns to the ring November 11 on the “Bad Boys of Boxing” card at the Seminole Hard Rock in Hollywood, Florida.

O’Connor (1-0, 1 KO) is matched against Bahamian light welterweight Anthony Woods (5-10, 2 KOs) in a four round bout. “I’m very excited to be fighting at the Hard Rock,” O’Connor said. “I had the opportunity to attend a fight there about a year ago and I was impressed by how it was so well run. I’ll be great to fight in front of Leon (Margules, Executive Director) again and all of the others at Seminole Warriors Boxing (his promoter) like Chico for the first time. I’m pumped.”

The 23-year-old O’Connor, fighting out of Framingham (MA), won this year’s US Future Stars National Championship, in which he was named Most Outstanding Boxer, as well as the National Golden Gloves Tournament, both in the 141-pound light welterweight division. Danny’s most notable victory as an amateur was a dominating victory against eventual 2008 Olympic Gold medalist Felix Diaz, of the Dominican Republic, on May 29 in a USA-Dominican Republic dual meet in Chattanooga, Tennessee.

“We’re all excited that this fight is in Florida,” O’Connor’s head trainer and co-manager David Keefe (with Rob Valle) remarked. “It’s going to be a great experience fighting at the Hard Rock, where Danny will hopefully be selling out some day.”

Seminole Warriors Boxing and DiBella Entertainment are co-promoting “Bad Boys of Boxing,” headlined by light heavyweight Glen Johnson and supported by super middleweights James McGirt, Jr. and Edison Miranda in separate bouts.

“I don’t know much about my opponent other than he’s had 15 pro fights,” Danny concluded. “He has a lot of experience. I was pleased with my performance in my pro debut. I fought like a professional, but I was a bit anxious with so many friends and family members there. This fight I want to concentrate on showing my boxing skills. I didn’t really get an opportunity to do that in my first fight because I was looking for a knockout fighting in front of my family and friends. I’m going to concentrate on being a ring technician this fight.”

For more information about Danny O’Connor go online to www.dannyoconnorboxing.com.

Starlite Boxing's Sweetscience The Video Channel Online http://www.youtube.com/ELEmpress1

EL Boxing Empress Keisha Morrisey's Myspace http://www.myspace.com/Keishadivine

Honorable Keisha Morrisey http://www.keishamorrisey.com

©®™ 2007, 2008 All photos by "EL Boxing Empress" Keisha Morrisey- Empire Morrisey Studios, for Bloodline Boxing Communications Entertainment and Starlite Boxing's Sweetscience Magnews-Online Publication all rights reserved

No comments: