Share SBS w/Family or Friends

Thursday, November 13, 2008

A response to a radio interview on boxing- radio show Secondsout w/ Eddie Goldman; Starlite Boxings Sweetscience Wrag-bag

Dear Ed,

Great stuff I listened to your show about boxing being dead and I concur with what you both said is correct. But, can I inject some other factors? What rules? Let me spell it out to you? M_O_N_E_Y $$$ that's what rules.

The average fan such as myself can't even afford to go to a boxing match except when I'm working around ringside or someones guest. This year all the young charges at the Golden Gloves could not afford to watch their friends fight? The Golden Gloves is way out of line, now.

As for marketing for the pros go? The fighters are all elitist now. In my life time I have met the real old timers as both of you have. The were gracious,humble and loving. I remember as a youngster the press meetings @ the Knickerbocker gym lasted have a day. Everyone got to speak with the boxers and get a black and white glossy or a few to give to your friends?

The PR people treat the boxers as elitist this way also.

When I was a kid I saw boxing right in the middle of Manhattan FREE. Where are the exhibition shows? That was what urban marketing Empress is speaking of? Bring boxing back to the people. How about the newspaper when I was young we had 6 newspapers now we have only a few and maybe two talk boxing? The promoters and PR peolple are equally to blame plenty of blame to go around? Give the kids and fight fans something back. When they pay MONEY for ppv give them great matches.

I agree with you Ed. The marketing future is in cyberspace. The young kids are more on the internet than reading newspapers. This is good for me because I run a IT enterprise.

I have more to say but have to run now, see you at the boxing events.

May you have GODS love.

B

Starlite Boxing's Sweetscience The Video Channel Online http://www.youtube.com/ELEmpress1

EL Boxing Empress Keisha Morrisey's Myspace http://www.myspace.com/Keishadivine

Honorable Keisha Morrisey http://www.keishamorrisey.com

©®™ 2007, 2008 All photos by "EL Boxing Empress" Keisha Morrisey- Empire Morrisey Studios, for Bloodline Boxing Communications Entertainment and Starlite Boxing's Sweetscience Magnews-Online Publication all rights reserved

No comments: