Share SBS w/Family or Friends

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Samuel Peter:I am Back in 2009! "The Nigerian Nightmare" Ready to Prove Klitschko bout was a Fluke, Issues Challenge to Chris "The Nightmare" Arreola



Approximately, four years ago, Samuel "The Nigerian Nightmare" Peter burst onto the scene and generated tremendous excitement and buzz in the heavyweight division. But since his disappointing loss to Vitali Klitschko in Berlin, Germany, last October, the division has once again gone flat.

Feeling rejuvenated and eager to electrify the division once again, the former WBC Heavyweight Champion is using the start of a new year to set goals for the future and let go of past mistakes. Peter (30-2, 23 KOs) has also begun speaking publicly about his ninth-round stoppage loss to Klitschko.

"I was very disappointed with my performance," he admits, "I know the fans weren't happy with it either. I vow I will make it up to them ten times over with my future fights."

Normally a dangerous predator in the ring, Peter appeared sluggish and discouraged while losing his cherished world title against Klitschko. "All great fighters have a bad night. In 2009, I'm ready to get back in action. I will show the fans that fight was a fluke and I'm still the best heavyweight in the world."

The perfect motivation for his return to glory is to silence a fighter Peter claims is "using his name to try and build himself up."

Peter says he's offended by undefeated Los Angeles-based contender Chris Arreola's choice of nickname. "To Chris Arreola, I want to say that there is only one true Nightmare in the heavyweight division and that's me, Samuel Peter "The Nigerian Nightmare!"

Peter proposes a showdown between the two sluggers this year with an agreement that the loser must change his ring moniker. "He says he's the top contender, but he hasn't done anything to prove that. He has to fight a top contender before he can claim he's the best," snarled Peter. "I'll show him and the fans how determined I am to win back my belt. And at the same time, I'll prove who the real Nightmare is in boxing."

Peter's promoter, Dino Duva of Duva Boxing, says a Peter vs. Arreola match-up, with an agreement there can only be one "Nightmare" when it's over, would be the kind of bombs away affair that re-energizes heavyweight boxing.

"The best non-title fight that can be made in the division is Sam Peter against Chris Arreola.," Duva asserts. "A high-stakes fight like this is exactly what it will take to remind everyone that Sam Peter is still the hardest puncher in the entire sport. He knows he had a bad night in Germany, but taking out Chris Arreola would be exactly the type of thing he'd need to do to prove it was just a fluke. As for Arreola, he is claiming to be the top contender in the heavyweight division, but he's never fought anybody to deserve that distinction. All nobodies. He has to beat Sam Peter to prove he's worthy."

Duva claims he's already reached out to Arreola's promoter, Dan Goossen, about making the electrifying fight a reality. "I've called Dan to discuss the possibility of them fighting each other and Dan told me he was hoping to get a Klitschko fight in the spring. Obviously if he can get that fight, all power to him and I wish him the best. But if he doesn't get the Klitschko fight, I hope Dan will call me. This is the fight to establish the true top contender and one that people would want to see. Everything else is bullshit. Of course, if Arreola doesn't have the balls to fight, Sam is willing to fight any heavyweight in the world including Kevin Johnson, David Haye or any other top name out there."

See you at the Fights.
Thanks for your time.

Starlite Boxing's Sweetscience The Video Channel Online http://www.youtube.com/ELEmpress1

EL Boxing Empress Keisha Morrisey's Myspace http://www.myspace.com/Keishadivine

Honorable Keisha Morrisey http://www.keishamorrisey.com/

©®™2007, 2008 All photos by "EL Boxing Empress" Keisha Morrisey- Empire Morrisey Photo-Studios, Khris Kirkpatrick Morrisey for Bloodline Boxing Communications Entertainment and Starlite Boxing's Sweetscience Magnews-Online Publication all rights reserved

No comments: