Share SBS w/Family or Friends

Saturday, April 25, 2009

RESULTS & QUOTES FROM ST. LOUIS‏

Cory Spinks: “I’m back and I’m ready for anybody. I won back the world title at junior middleweight.

“I was a little rusty but I shook it off.” (Regarding being knocked down in the first round) “I thought it was mostly a slip in the first round, I thought I tripped just like the referee ruling Deandre’s knockdown a slip in the 12th round.

“I knew I had to perform in the last round and I did. I’m a master at this and I went out like a dog and got it.”

Deandre Latimore: “I’m a little upset. I dropped him in the first round. That decision should have been mine. The scorecard had it 114-113 (for Spinks). I should have had that edge.”

“I cut him and he cut me, what can I say? He got the decision.”
(On his first-round knockdown of Spinks) “I caught him with a hook. He leaned in and I got him with some good shots and he went down. I played my hand right and I thought I should have won. I dropped him.

Devon Alexander: “Rodriguez was good. He gave me good work. He’s a rugged, awkward fighter.

“I’m ready for anybody at 140 pounds. I can and will get better. I’m the WBC super lightweight mandatory challenger. Now I’m ready for my first world championship appearance.”

Jesus Rodriguez: “I got caught with a good shot (in the ninth round) and I just couldn’t see anymore. Devon was just too fast for me tonight.”

Mark de Mori: “It was a perfect fight for me because it gave me some rounds and my opponent wasn’t a pushover. In the end, the body shots I threw would have knocked down a horse. I had five knockdowns in the fight and they were all from body shots.”
Mark DeLuz: “I've fought some real guys at heavier weights. I fought at bantamweight tonight and felt great. I can fight at this weight, no problem.”See you at the Fights.
Thanks for your time.

Starlite Boxing's Sweetscience The Video Channel Online http://www.youtube.com/ELEmpress1

EL Boxing Empress Keisha Morrisey's Myspace http://www.myspace.com/Keishadivine

Honorable Keisha Morrisey http://www.keishamorrisey.com

©®™2007, 2008 All photos by "EL Boxing Empress" Keisha Morrisey- Empire Morrisey Photo-Studios, Khris Kirkpatrick Morrisey for Bloodline Boxing Communications Entertainment and Starlite Boxing's Sweetscience Magnews-Online Publication all rights reserved

No comments: