Share SBS w/Family or Friends

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Quotes from Bobby Gunn Workout Hackensack P.A.L., Hackensack, NJ From Bobby Gunn

“I took this fight because I wanted to fight the best. Tomasz Adamek is the best. The man is a champion inside and outside the ring. I would have taken this fight for any amount of money they gave me. This is not about financial profit. This is about my chance to show everyone that I can be the best.”

“None of the Top 10 would fight Tomasz Adamek. I call them ‘Nancy Boys or ‘Fancy Pants’, they’re like prima donnas. What’s the sense of being ranked if you don’t want to fight the best in the world? When you are Top 10 you have to fight all the best. I want to fight Adamek, he is the best and I want to beat the best”

How has the training been going? “Are you kidding me? I am going all out for this fight. I am training to the best of my ability and I have the greatest team you can have. I have Kendall Holt’s trainer, “Terrific” Aroz Gist, I’m telling you the best! We have been studying the tapes. With cardio I went through the roof. I’m training really hard, harder than I ever have before. I am in great shape and I am ready.”

“To tell the truth, I’m kind of sick of Tomasz Adamek. I mean I go to sleep with Tomasz Adamek, I eat with Tomasz Adamek, I train with Tomasz Adamek. You know what I mean? It’s all I think about. I just want to fight him and get it over with.”

What do you say to all the people claiming this is not a good fight? “No one should pass judgment until they see the fight.” “They say styles make fights. Remember the Briggs – Adamek fight? That was a great fight. I think I am like Paul Briggs.” “I think the fans are in for another great fight on July 11th.”

“My dad would tell me, ‘There are a ton of mediocre fighters out there, but often when you fight a superior fighter, the fighter who was perceived as mediocre will rise to the occasion and surprise everyone.” “I am going to fight like a Kamikaze pilot. – I’ve got nothing to lose! That makes me a dangerous fighter.”

“In boxing things can change on the turn of a dime. All it takes is one punch. I am going to throw that punch.”

“I learned something in Polish for this fight. ‘Ten pas bedzie moj’. That means the belt is mine to take!”

From David Feldman, Bobby Gunn’s Promoter:

“Tomasz will think July 11th is his birthday because he will have a lot of surprises…but no gifts!”

See you at the Fights.
Thanks for your time.

Starlite Boxing's Sweetscience The Video Channel Online http://www.youtube.com/ELEmpress1

EL Boxing Empress Keisha Morrisey's Myspace http://www.myspace.com/Keishadivine

Honorable Keisha Morrisey http://www.keishamorrisey.com

©®™2007, 2008 All rights reserved

No comments: