Share SBS w/Family or Friends

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Unbeaten featherweight Matt “Sharp Shooter” Remillard keeps pluggin’ along

MANCHESTER, Conn.– WBC Youth and USNBC featherweight champion Matt “Sharp Shooter” Remillard is learning first-hand how the risk-and-reward theory in boxing can work against a fighter.

For the second time in a row, veteran Edel “Cuate” Ruiz (32-22-4, 23 KOs) pulled out of a scheduled bout against Remillard. Ruiz had done the same thing two months earlier in Maryland.

The 23-year-old Remillard (18-0, 10 KOs), fighting out of Manchester, Connecticut, put late replacement Tyler Ziolkowski (11-7) to sleep at the midway point of the opening round in their July 10th fight in Reno.

“I was a little frustrated the fight fell apart again,” Matt said. “It’s happened to me a lot. Most importantly, though, I got my opponent out of there early. I didn’t want it to go rounds because it would have looked bad for me. I was a professional, getting him out of there right away, and now we’ve moved on. I can only hope it (opponent pulling out) doesn’t happen again.

“I think a lot (available opponents) has to do with it being this weight class and the economy. I understand. Nobody wants to fight an undefeated fighter, unless they’re making a lot of money. As a pro fighter, I need to understand that those things are going to happen, maybe for a little while longer, but I feel that it’s all going to lead-up to the right fight.”

Remillard hopes to be back in action within two months, possibly headlining a show in Connecticut.

See you at the Fights.
Thanks for your time.

Starlite Boxing's Sweetscience The Video Channel Online http://www.youtube.com/ELEmpress1

EL Boxing Empress Keisha Morrisey's Myspace http://www.myspace.com/Keishadivine

Honorable Keisha Morrisey http://www.keishamorrisey.com

©®™2007, 2008 All rights reserved

No comments: