Share SBS w/Family or Friends

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Samuel Peter, Oleg Maskaev, Nate Campbell

Samuel Peter, Oleg Maskaev, Nate Campbell


It was a raucous crowd that filled the 7,000-seat Plaza de Toros bull ring in Cancun for the first world heavyweight championship ever decided in Mexico on Saturday.

Samuel Peter: “I hit him [Maskaev] with one and I him with another. Then I crack him up. My jab was good and then I him in the head and break off his head. I knew he was strong so I was careful. I feel great. I could fight again tomorrow. I’m ready for anyone.”


Oleg Maskaev: “He [Peter] didn’t knock me out. He shook me and knocked me back and the referee did the right thing. He was hitting me with two many punches. I hurt him a few times, yes, but I wasn’t able to finish him.

“I can’t blame anybody. It was my fault. My trainers did a good job and I failed tonight.

“I will be back. My team and I will talk and if they want to make a few more fights we can do it.”

Nate Campbell: “I knew he couldn’t take it. I knew I was the bigger puncher. I could out-box him or out-punch him. My team and I said all along we saw a lot of hype with
Juan Diaz but we didn’t see the substance. I said I was going to take him out into the deep water and drown him and that’s what I did.

I better have won, I won the last five or six rounds. I won this for Don King. I will never disrespect him the way Juan Diaz did. There’s a tattoo on my back that simply says, ‘fighter’ and that’s what I am and what I proved tonight.

Alan Hopper
Don King Productions

boxing entertainment fight sports mixed martial arts special events sports worldwide

No comments: