Share SBS w/Family or Friends

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

RODRIGUEZ-WOLAK EXCLUSIVE HEAD-TO-HEAD INTERVIEW FIGHT THIS FRIDAY AT ROSELAND BALLROOM ON ESPN'S "FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHTS"

This Friday night, Delvin Rodriguez (25-5-2, 14KO's) and Pawel "Raging Bull" Wolak (29-1, 19KO's) will step into the ring against one another, in their highly anticipated ten round jr. middleweight showdown, promoted by Joe DeGuardia's Star Boxing and being broadcast live on ESPN's "Friday Night Fights" from the Roseland Ballroom in NYC. The match-up has the boxing world buzzing in anticipation, as both Rodriguez and Wolak have exciting styles, and as anyone who has seen them before know, they always come to fight and leave everything they have in the ring. Before the two combatants step inside the ring, they both sat down to give their take on the fight.

Q: Thank you guys for sitting down to talk to me before your big showdown. I'll start with you Delvin, how has training camp been for this fight."

DR: Camp has been absolutely great. I can honestly say this is probably the best camp I have ever had. I haven't felt this good in a long time, if ever.

Q: What about for yourself Pawel?

PW: Camp was very good, and very tough, but that's the type of fight this is going to be so I knew I needed a tough camp to get prepared.

(Pawel "Raging Bull" Wolak; photo by Keisha Morrisey)

Q: This will be your first fight at 154 lbs. Delvin. Do you think this is an advantage or disadvantage to you?

DR: I see it as a huge advantage for me. Like I said before this is the best I have felt for as long I can remember. I feel stronger and faster than ever my body is reacting so good from not having to cut the extra weight. I have a lot of boxing inside me and I feel like before my body couldn't react to what my mind wanted it to do. Now there is no hesitation, I do twelve rounds now and it feels like nothing. I'm in the best shape of my life and everyone will see that this Friday night.

Q: Pawel, what is your take on him moving up in weight?

PW: I'd have to agree with Delvin, now that he doesn't have to cut weight I'm sure he will be more physically fit and stronger than before. I'm expecting the best Delvin Rodriguez there is, and that's what I have prepared myself for.

Q: Pawel, you are rated among all four sanctioning bodies, some people question why you would take a fight like this. What are you looking to prove in this fight?

PW: I know Delvin is a dangerous opponent, but this is very important to me to be fighting on ESPN against someone like Delvin. Not only is this a huge test for me, but I know that every time Delvin fights on ESPN he draws huge ratings, so by fighting him I will be seen by a huge audience. I'm looking to expand my fan base, and fighting on ESPN against a fighter like Delvin is perfect opportunity to do that.

Q: You have had some very unfortunate decisions go against you recently Delvin, do you view this as your opportunity to erase those decisions and start off fresh in your new division?

DR: Yes that's exactly how I feel. This is great opportunity for me, I'm stepping up to 154 and in my first fight I have a chance to face a guy like Pawel where a win throws me right into the mix.

Q: You both are known for putting on exciting performances, without giving your game-plans away, how do you see the fight playing out this Friday night and can I get a prediction from both of you on the outcome?

DR: The only prediction I have is that it's going to be a great, and exciting fight. I know it's going to be a tough fight and that's what I have trained for. The way I feel right now and the way I have prepared I am very confident. My boxing ability is going to come out and shine in this fight. I know I must be on my A-game because Pawel is a very tough guy. I can't fall asleep with, must be alert at all times and because of that I honestly feel that he is going to bring the absolute best out in me.

PW:I don't know what's going to happen, ask me after the first or second round I should know better by then, haha. All seriousness though, I expect a hard, tough fight. The pace will be set very early, and we will see how the fight plays out. I expect the best of him and I know I am going to bring my best. Look there are no secrets here, I think most people know my style and they know Delvin's style. They know what I have to do and what Delvin has to do to be victorious in this fight. Whoever can execute and whoever stays most true to their game plan will come out on top.

Q: Is there anything either of you would like to say in closing?

DR: Everyone should expect a great fight this Friday night. Everyone knows that they are getting a great performance in this fight. This fight is very important for both of us, and we are going to put our heart and soul into every round. This is definitely one fight you won't want to miss. I think this is going to be one of best fights on ESPN in a really long-time.

PW: I think Delvin said it all. This is going to be a great fight. This sport is all about entertaining the fans, that's exactly what this fight is going to be. I hope everyone can make it out on Friday night, and if you can't make it to Roseland Ballroom be sure to watch it on ESPN's "Friday Night Fights".

♔EL Boxing Empress & MMA Princess♔, See you at the Fights and Thank You for your time.EL Boxing Empress Online @ Twitter http://www.twitter.com/Keishamorrisey ©®™ 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 All photos other than specified by "EL Boxing Empress & MMA Princess" Keisha Morrisey, for ♔Empire Morrisey Photo-Studios♔, KCKMT for Bloodline Boxing Communications Entertainment and ★Starlite Boxing's Sweetscience Magnews-Online Publication all rights reserved.

No comments: