Share SBS w/Family or Friends

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

HBO release Ring Life footage of Star Power headliners Victor Ortiz and Floyd Mayweather Jr‏

Having already engaged in HBOs ritual Face-Off, the promotion for the Star Power event headlined by Floyd Mayweather Jr and Victor Ortiz continues to receive the Hollywood treatment as the reigning WBC welterweight world champion Ortiz, together with challenger Mayweather Jr are profiled in Ring Life - featured below. Star Power is staged at the MGM Grand Garden Arena and will take place on Saturday, September 17.

Ring Life: Floyd Mayweather & Victor Ortiz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR2s6Tm3Ddc&w=560&h=349

Notables - Floyd (41-0-0, 25ko)

"I bust my ass to get out of the ghetto - and brought my family with me."
Mayweather Jr discusses being brought up into a fighting family.
Details security team and coaching staff.
"Genaro Hernandez gave me my first opportunity, Diego Corrales [was] my first undefeated fighter, I fought Arturo Gatti on his turf, Oscar de la Hoya [was my] record-breaking fight and then Ricky Hatton… I say bring on all-comers."
"I'm from a family of hustlers."
"As world champion I've dominated this sport since 1998, I go to the gym and work-out and then I come home to my $17 million mansion and think; this is God-given talent."

(Photo By Keisha Morrisey)

Notables - Victor (29-2-2, 22ko)

Story of the underdog and 'fighting from behind his entire life'.
Reviews childhood: his mother left when he was 7-years-old, his father physically abused him and his brother Temo.
[Temo] "My dad was an older Mexican machismo type-of-guy and he would find anything to beat us up with: a stick, a two-by-four, an extension cord, whatever…"
"My brother and I were two stray dogs."
"I did a job I wasn't supposed to - I raised my parents' child."
Ortiz as an all-round athlete, surfer, paddle-boarder, kayaker, yoga student and more.
"The moment I touch someone, the next thing they're on the canvas [and I'm like] that's nice!"


♔EL Boxing Empress & MMA Princess♔, See you at the Fights and Thank You for your time.EL Boxing Empress Online @ Twitter http://www.twitter.com/Keishamorrisey ©®™ 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 All photos other than specified by "EL Boxing Empress & MMA Princess" Keisha Morrisey, for ♔Empire Morrisey Photo-Studios♔, KCKMT for Bloodline Boxing Communications Entertainment and ★Starlite★ Boxing's Sweetscience Magnews-Online Publication all rights reserved.

No comments: