Share SBS w/Family or Friends

Friday, May 3, 2013

DANIEL PONCE DE LEON, ABNER MARES, LEO SANTA CRUZ, ALEXANDER MUNOZ, J'LEON LOVE & GABRIEL ROSADO FINAL PRESS CONFERENCE QUOTES






The six fighters who will compete on the pay-per-view undercard portion of “MAY DAY: Mayweather vs. Guerrero” this Saturday from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nev. participated in their final press conference on Thursday in front of a packed media center at MGM Grand. Daniel “Ponce” De Leon (44-4, 35 KOs) risks his WBC (World Boxing Council) featherweight championship against two-division world champion Abner Mares (25-0-1, 13 KOs), Leo Santa Cruz (23-0-1, 13 KOs) opposes Alexander Munoz (36-4, 28 KOs) in a 10-round bout for the vacant USBA jr featherweight title, and J’Leon Love (15-0, 8 KOs) faces Gabriel Rosado (21-6, 13 KOs) in a 10-round fight for the vacant NABF belt.
Daniel Ponce de Leon: “This is going to be a great fight. I’m very prepared. I’ve fought many times at MGM. Everyone wants to see a battle and that’s what I’m ready for. Don’t miss it.”
Abner Mares: “I want to thank Ponce for this opportunity. You guys know me. I’m ready. I’ll fight anyone as long as we give fans a good fight, I’m with it. I’ve dedicated this fight to my dad, who suffered a stroke a month ago. I’ve trained hard and I’m ready. I actually added something to my training; I call it Mexican judo: ‘ju’ don’t know if I’m going to box and ‘ju’ don’t know if I’m going slug, but ‘ju’ know I’m going to win.”
Leo Santa Cruz: “I’m going to show the world who Leo Santa Cruz is. I’m very excited to be on this undercard. I know Munoz is an extremely strong fighter who comes forward. I’ve trained hard and worked hard. It’s going to be a war and I’m going to try and finish him before the 10th round.”
Alexander Munoz: “We know Santa Cruz is tough. I’m prepared for this and I want to make all the fans in Venezuela proud.”
J’Leon Love: This will be a good fight. We have much love for Team Rosado. There is no bad blood. Both of us have a lot to prove. He came up a little short in his last fight, but he’s a tough guy. A lot of people are also saying this is a big step up for me, but I’m a fighter and this is what I do. It’s going to be a very good fight. We’re going to both put it on the line, but I will be victorious.”
Gabriel Rosado: I fell a little short in my shot at a world title, but I got a taste of the big stage. I don’t think he has the experience I have and I’m hungry and determined. I had a great camp and I’m prepared to leave it all in the ring. I expect to have a lot of Philadelphia fans on hand here. I can’t wait to open the show and give the fans a great fight.”



♔EL Boxing Empress & MMA Princess♔, See you at the Fights and Thank You for your time. EL Boxing Empress Online @ Twitter http://www.twitter.com/Keishamorrisey ©®™ 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 All photos other than those specified by "EL Boxing Empress & MMA Princess" Keisha Morrisey, for ♔Impress Photo-Studios♔ and KCKMT for Bloodline Boxing Communications Entertainment and ★Starlite★ Boxing's Sweetscience Blog-Online Publication all rights reserved.

No comments: