Share SBS w/Family or Friends

Saturday, January 24, 2009

‘USS’ Cunningham Hopes Scuppered As Maccarinelli Chooses Ramirez For WBO Title Fight


Steve ‘USS’ Cunningham’s hopes of facing Enzo Maccarinelli in Manchester, England on the 14th March were dashed when promoter, Frank Warren, wrote in his weekly column in the British newspaper, The Sun, that Maccarinelli will now face interim-champion, Victor Ramirez, for the vacant WBO title. On being told the news ‘USS’ Cunningham, the former IBF cruiserweight champion who recently lost his title to Thomas ‘Goral’ Adamek in one ofthe greatest fights of 2008, said: “Man, I thought this would be a greattime to fight Enzo. We tried to put that fight together last summer, butit never happened. I’m ready to dust of my passport, but that’ll have to wait for now. Oh man, It’s a shame. I think it would have been a seriously great fight and I’ve wanted to fight in Britain for a long time. Shoot, I don’t luck getting it on with British fighters. Haye moved to the heavyweights last year and now this chance to face Enzo is shot. You know,one day I will get to fight in Britain or face Enzo. I’m sure it’ll happen. I wish Enzo and Victor Ramirez the best. I’m sure it’ll be a great fight.I didn’t get to see Victor beat Alexander Alexeev, but heard it was agood fight. I’m sure it’ll be a banger, they’re both heavy hitters.” Hopefully it will not be too long before Steve ‘USS’ Cunningham finds his next opponent so that boxing fans will get the chance to watch one of the world’s most exciting boxers in action again. www.usscunningham.com

See you at the Fights.
Thanks for your time.

Starlite Boxing's Sweetscience The Video Channel Online http://www.youtube.com/ELEmpress1

EL Boxing Empress Keisha Morrisey's Myspace http://www.myspace.com/Keishadivine

Honorable Keisha Morrisey http://www.keishamorrisey.com/

©®™2007, 2008 All photos by "EL Boxing Empress" Keisha Morrisey- Empire Morrisey Photo-Studios, Khris Kirkpatrick Morrisey for Bloodline Boxing Communications Entertainment and Starlite Boxing's Sweetscience Magnews-Online Publication all rights reserved

No comments: