Share SBS w/Family or Friends

Friday, June 17, 2011

IBF NUMBER ONE RANKED LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT YUSAF MACK PAYS HOMAGE TO LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT KING BERNARD HOPKINS‏

Next Saturday night in St. Charles, Missouri, Yusaf Mack of Philadelphia will attempt to follow in the legendary shoes of Bernard Hopkins and capture a slice of the Light Heavyweight championship as he takes on Tavoris Cloud for Cloud’s IBF title.

Mack of Philadelphia has been extra motivated by a man he calls one of his mentors as he watched Hopkins become the oldest man to win a major boxing championship when he won the WBC/Ring Magazine crown with his win over Jean Pascal on May 21st in Montreal.

“I have known Bernard for my whole boxing life and he was one of the guys who has given me pointers and helped me throughout my career and seeing what he has accomplished and in particular what he did to Pascal gives me that extra drive and inspiration that lets me know I can win this fight”, said Mack
Mack has a record of 29-3-2 with seventeen knockouts recently attended a ceremony where the Mayor of Philadelphia, Michael Nutter presented Hopkins with gifts and recognized him for his amazing accomplishment.

“That was amazing. I was and am so proud of Bernard and being at the ceremony I just kept thinking that if can accomplish some of those things, I can achieve the same. It starts on June 25th when I beat Tavoris Cloud and bring back that IBF Belt home. Ironically it the IBF belt that Bernard first won.”

“After I win on June 25th, The Light Heavyweight division will run through Philadelphia with Bernard and I ruling the division. This has been the best training camp of my life and if Tavoris thinks he is seeing the same guy who fought Glen Johnson, then that will be his problem on June 25th.”

Cloud against Mack is part of a big fight card that will be televised LIVE on HBO. EL Boxing Empress See you at the Fights and Thank You for your time. EL Boxing Empress Online @ Twitter http://www.twitter.com/Keishamorrisey ©®™ 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 All photos other than specified by "EL Boxing Empress" Keisha Morrisey- Empire Morrisey Photo-Studios, KCKMT for Bloodline Boxing Communications Entertainment and Starlite Boxing's Sweetscience Magnews-Online Publication all rights reserved

No comments: